Tuck a thinking cap under your swim cap this summer as Trivia Tuesdays comes to Rock Creek Pool!
This casual evening of questions and answers is a great way to have fun, meet new pool friends and put your knowledge of useless information to the test. Anyone is welcome to play; there will be questions for people of all ages.
Here’s how it works:
- There are three rounds planned for the season: June 5, July 17 and August 14.
- Each round will have a team winner based on total amount of points earned. In addition, we’ll keep a tally of participants and we will recognize our top scoring players at the end of the season.
- To play, simply show up 20 minutes or so before the appointed start time. The games will start promptly so we have time to finish before the pool closes, so do not be late if you can help it.
- If you arrive after we start, we’ll try our best to fit you into a table.
- When you arrive, you’ll sign in so we can record your participation. Signing in awards you 5 points toward your individual season score.
- At the time, we will assign you to a table. We plan to evenly distribute players and also mix people up a bit, so it’s possible that couples could be assigned to competing teams.
- The idea here is to meet new folks and to have fun but we won’t be Draconian about it.
- Questions will be general knowledge and cover a gamut of subjects, including science, entertainment, literature, politics, current affairs, sports and pop culture. There will be no math.
- While these are not events where we’ll provide complimentary food and drink, we encourage you to bring something for you and your teammates to enjoy.
Round One is Tuesday, June 5 at 6:30 p.m.
Good luck and happy quizzing!