With a new pool comes a new This Week@Rock Creek, our regular update of happenings at Rock Creek Pool.
Thank you all for your patience with our off then on opening. It’s great to see our beautiful renovated pool with so many people! A huge shout-out to Iain Gold, our pool president, and Patrick Moffitt, our board member who led the construction efforts. Enjoy the new walk-in wading pool! Were the fountains on when you visited? We’ll take the next few weeks to touch up and get through a punch list and straighten out a few loose ends, but the pool is open and summer is underway…
For Hours of Operation, check out the calendar! Note the pool opens at 3:30pm on school days … only a few more weeks!
This Friday, It’s Teen Night at the Movies!
Come out to the pool THIS FRIDAY (June 1) for our first movie night and happy hour. Our movie selection is the classic “Stand By Me.” You should know this is rated “R” for cursing, some crude humor and a few intense scenes. It may not be suitable for younger viewers. Happy Hour (for the adults) starts at 7 p.m., and the movie (again, may not be suitable for younger kids) starts at 8 p.m.
Trivia Tuesdays Round One — June 5
Tuck a thinking cap under your swim cap this summer as Trivia Tuesdays kicks off this Tuesday, June 5. This casual evening of Q&As is a fun way to meet new friends and put your knowledge of useless information to the test. Anyone is welcome to play; there will be questions for people of all ages. Details are here: https://rockcreek.
Tennis Programs Kicks Off
Check out this season’s tennis programs provided onsite by the Georgetown Prep Tennis Club. Interested, but have a scheduling conflict? Alex Karpenski, the director of their services here at RCP, has a flexible schedule and may be able to plan around what works best for you.
GIVE SOME TIME TO ROCK CREEK’S SOCIAL 2018 — WE NEED YOU!
As you know, our pool is run by a completely volunteer board, and all of the fun activities we like to do at the pool require even more volunteers. We are about to kick off another great season at the pool and WE NEED YOU! The social committee has been working to keep our activities fresh and fun, and your ideas and suggestions are also always welcome!
And remember, if you sign up as a volunteer to host a social event, you will win these AMAZING prizes!
- Reserved table at the event you host–your choice!
- Reserved parking spot in the upper lot the whole day of the event
- Recognition and R-E-S-P-E-C-T
- The feeling of making everyone who attends your event HAPPY!
For more information and to sign up, go here: https://rockcreek.membersplash.com/2018/05/29/we-need-you-sign-up-with-social-2018-3/
FINS SWIM AND DIVE TEAMS
Swim and Dive Teams have started! Practices have started for both the swim and dive team… For more information, check out each team’s FAQ under “Teams and Activities.”
New this year! Daily Guest Passes can be purchased by credit card at the pool front desk. You are encouraged to keep passes on your account so they are available when your family brings visitors. (This is especially important if you have teenagers.) As in the past, we recommend purchasing passes in advance by logging into your account, selecting “Membership, Payments & Purchases”. Also please note:
- Daily Guest Passes carry over from previous seasons so you can view the number on your account to see if you need more.
- Immediate family members who live with you in your home (not extended houseguests) are included in your dues. All other non-member individuals (caregivers, au pairs, cousins, international students, extended family, etc.) living in your household must pay a fee of $50 per person for the season or use $5 Daily Guest Passes for intermittent visits to accompany your children to the pool regardless of whether they swim.
- We still accept checks but please do not ask the guards to take cash.
- Be sure to check-in all family members and guests at the front desk each time you visit the pool so that we are in compliance with insurance regulations.
We’ll have more for you as the season gets underway. For now, see you on deck!
Suggestions? Comments? Complaints? Send them to email@example.com. (Praise? Send that to firstname.lastname@example.org.)