Greetings and salutations, Rock Creek Pool! The days are counting down to the start of the season and many of us are already working hard behind the scenes. Here’s a brief rundown on what’s in the works for the 2019 season!
Five days left to pay your dues on time … If you haven’t done so already, make sure you take a moment to pay for the coming season! The deadline to pay on time is Tuesday, April 30. The Equity Members and Seniors who don’t pay will be assessed a $50 per month late fee, and Waitlist-Summer Swim families will lose their spot. Unfortunately, we can’t make any exceptions. So please don’t wait until the last minute, remember to take care of this!
Aren’t sure if you’ve paid your dues already? Log into the RCP website to manage your account — it’ll tell you right there.
Water aerobics classes start in June — Register now as space is limited! Instructor Shelley Milan is offering RCP full and Summer members weekly water aerobics classes starting June 18. Deep-water aerobics classes are a fantastic way to stay in shape while also having fun with other pool members. Shelley says the classes will use a variety of motions including water running, abdominal work and toning exercises. Now, in order for these classes to happen, we need a minimum of 6 members to sign up. But to keep the classes manageable, there is a cap of 12 attendees per session. Finally, a special “thank you” to member Adria Zeldin who first suggested that we look into setting this up!
- What: Deep-water aerobics
- When: Tuesdays, 9-9:50 a.m.
- Session 1: June 18, June 25, July 2 & July 9
- Session 2: July 16, July 23, July 30 & Aug. 6
- Where: Diving Well (you’ll use a noodle or flotation device)
- How much: $30 per 4-week session
- Who can sign up: Older teens, adults. There are 12 spots available per session
- Registration Page
Fins swim to fight cancer … We’re very proud to let you know the RCP Fins are joining the fight against cancer. Every 15 minutes, 50 Americans are diagnosed with cancer. Everyone knows someone affected by cancer and we will dedicate our Friday, July 12, morning to finding a cure. Swim team, Dive team and ALL pool members are invited to join us in raising money for Swim Across America and participating in the morning swim. We will have activities everyone can participate in and the event will coincide with our annual team pancake breakfast open to all participants. To learn more, and to donate, visit the Swim Across America team page.
- What: Swim to fight cancer event
- When: Friday, July 12, 7:45-11 a.m.
- Where: Rock Creek Pool
- Information and Donation Page
Your friendly-neighborhood Social Gang is brewing up some fun for the summer … The calendar will be finalized and announced in the coming weeks, but here’s a sneak peak of what’s on tap:
- We’re finalizing plans to have honky-tonk rocker Valentine Slim kick off the season with a special Memorial Day performance! Slim and his musical cohorts are fixin’ to play an early evening performance so make sure to set your dinner plans accordingly!
- For the competitive members out there, we’re offering several evenings of both Trivia AND traditional Games. Look for more info soon!
- And for the kids, keep Friday, June 14, free for the “End of School” ice cream social/dance night!
Speaking of kids, are you in a band or just like to perform as a solo act? Would you like to play a few songs as part of an afternoon celebration of music? This summer, we’re holding the first Rock Creek Pool Junior Music Festival (real name pending).
We want to see our younger pool members (and their band mates) shine on the Pavilion stage. More information will come soon, but if you know someone who would put the “rock” in Rock Creek Pool, then email me at email@example.com.
- What: RCP Music Festival
- When: Sunday, August 18, time TBD
- Where: RCP Pavilion Stage
- Who can sign up: Open to anyone 18 and younger. At least one performer per act should be an RCP member.