Volleyball seminar is tonight! Want to learn the basics of how to play volleyball, from how to set to how to spike? Then come down to the court at 6:30 pm. Instructors from the BCC volleyball team will give you a no-pressure introduction to this fun sport. This is open to anyone 13 years and up, and adults encouraged to attend. If you can’t make this one, we’ll have a second seminar on Thursday, June 20!
A message for the dive team families … The deadline to register for the swim team is fast approaching, so take a moment to register today. Please note that a late fee of $20 per swimmer will be assessed after June 7, and registration will be closed at 10 am on June 14.
And please visit https://rockcreekdive.swimtopia.com/ to learn about the dive team and to register your child. If your child wants to try the team, register them and then you can send them to practice. If it doesn’t work for them, let us know by June 10 and we will issue you a refund of the $100 registration fee (but not the $15 insurance fee). Email Dawn and Katie, the reps, here: firstname.lastname@example.org. Let’s Go FINS!
Social events coming up … Make sure to check out the nifty social calendar on display at the pool for a complete listing of the 2019 events! Our next official activities are:
- Trivia Night — Friday, June 7 — Join Quizmaster Bryan McCann for a fun evening of questions and answers. Starts promptly at 6:30 pm.
- School’s Out Ice Cream Social and “Greatest Showman” — Friday, June 14 — This one needs volunteers: SIGN UP
- Karaoke — Saturday, June 22
- Games Night — Saturday, June 29
Tennis, anyone? … Please join us for friendly pick-up doubles tennis Monday nights, 6.30 pm (adults only). E-mail email@example.com to be added to the mailing list (as times may vary during the year).
Some administrative tasks …
- Make sure your family has current photos on file.
- Daily Guest Passes must be bought in advance.
- Review the Rules & Regulations. Here’s one more — Parking Regulations:
- Members and guests are not to use curbside parking along Grubb Road.
- Members and guest must park their vehicles in the lined spaces provided in the paved lower level of the RCP property.
- Parking in the upper lot is in designated parking spots only.
- The speed limit in the parking lot is ten (10) mph.
- All bicyclists must use the designated bicycle parking area. Bicycles may not be ridden inside the fenced pool area.
What the frequency, Kenneth? … Here are the hours of operation for Friday, June 7-Thursday, June 13:
- Friday: 3:30 pm – 9 pm
- Saturday: 10 am – 9 pm
- Sunday: 10 am – 8 pm
- Monday-Thursday: 3:30 pm – 8 pm
Keep an eye on the skies … Summer invariably brings late-afternoon storms and other weather that could affect our schedule. While light rain may not close the pool, please note that each time the lifeguards even hear thunder, they must evacuate the pool and the surrounding area for 45 minutes. Please listen to them and follow their instructions as we all want everyone to stay safe!
If you are on the swim and dive teams, the coaches or reps will let you know if practice is suspended or cancelled due to weather.
And you can always call the front desk (301-585-1185) to find out the pool’s status. That’ll be more reliable than waiting for me to update the pool’s website.